15-Minute Halibut Salad
This is a great recipe to help add more omega-3 fatty acids to your meal. Combined with the salad greens, you get a wide range of nutrients that will work together synergistically towards optimal health. Enjoy!
- 4 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 lb mixed salad greens
- 4 - 6 oz halibut steaks or fillets
- 1 TBS + 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 TBS fresh chopped sage (or 3 tsp dried sage)
- *optional 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Press garlic and let it sit for 5 minutes to bring out its health-promoting properties.
- Rinse and dry salad greens by using salad spinner if possible. Place greens mixture on 4 plates.
- Rub halibut with 1 TBS lemon juice and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat broth and add halibut; cover and cook for 10 minutes for each inch of thickness.
- Remove fish from pan and place on salad greens.
- Discard extra broth or use for soup. In same pan add garlic, sage and 1/4 cup lemon juice to hot pan and heat for about 30 seconds.
- If you'd like to add olive oil, do so after turning off heat. Stir mixture together for a few seconds and then drizzle over salad. Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
Printer Friendly Version of 15-Minute Halibut Salad
In-Depth Nutritional Profile for 15-Minute Halibut Salad